The City of Gahanna Council office is an authorized passport acceptance facility by the U.S. Department of State.
Visit www.travel.state.gov to ensure you meet all qualifications and have the proper documents to submit a passport application. Forms, fees, photo requirements, and all other information can be found on the official U.S. Department of State passport website.
If you are traveling within 14 days you must call 1-877-487-2778 to schedule an appointment with a regional acceptance agency.
HOW TO APPLY:
We process passports by APPOINTMENT only on Mondays & Wednesdays from 1-3 PM. Please call our office at 614-342-4090 to schedule. If those times do not work for you, click here for a list of other acceptance facilities.
RENEWING A PASSPORT:
- If you are renewing a passport, you may be able to do so without making an appointment.
Please visittravel.state.gov or review the requirements on the DS-82 form.
MINORS UNDER AGE 16:
- Both parents must be present unless sole custody can be can be proven with documentation or
notarized parental consent can be submitted.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Two separate checks or money orders. Fee information is listed below.
- A passport photo. We do not take photos at this acceptance location.
- Supporting documents. Visit travel.state.gov for a list of acceptable and required documents.
- Application, filled out in black ink. Forms are available in our office, at most post office
locations, and online. The form must be filled out prior to the appointment.
Please visit travel.state.gov for a list of their current processing times.
You must bring two separate checks or money orders:
1. Passport fee payable to the U.S. Department of State. The fee depends on the type of service.
Click here to calculate the fees.
2. Execution fee ($25, unless you request expedited mailing) payable to the City of Gahanna.
PASSPORT PROCESSING LOCATION:
Gahanna City Hall
200 S. Hamilton Road
Gahanna, OH 43230
APPOINTMENT ONLY: Mondays & Wednesdays 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.