The City of Gahanna bills all utilities (water, sewer, storm water, refuse) on a monthly basis. Online payments, automatic payment deductions, in-person drop off and an after-hours drop box options are available. Bills are mailed at the beginning of each month and are due on the last business day of that same month.
For more information about your utility bill, please contact the Utility Billing Division at 614-342-4440.
Online Customer Portal
The customer portal provides the opportunity to access your account information, pay your bill, sign up for e-bills, print current and past bills and view your billing, payment and usage history. Create your customer portal account at the Gahanna Online Utilities Account by clicking on "Set Up Online Access."
See Descriptions Below
Bill Payment Options
- Automatic Withdrawal (Checking or Savings Account): The balance due can be withdrawn from a checking or savings account with no fee from the City. Complete the Automatic Payment Deduction for Utility Bills form to set up automatic payment from a checking or savings account. When paying your utility bill through your bank's online bill pay service, please be sure to include all digits of your account number. Errors will cause a delay in payment processing.
- Online (Checking or Savings Account): Make a one-time payment with a checking or savings account by logging in to the customer portal. There is no fee from the City for this payment method.
- Online (Credit or Debit Card): Make a one-time payment with a credit card or debit card by logging in to the customer portal. The payment processor will charge additional fees for this payment method.
- By Phone (Credit or Debit Card): Make a one-time payment using a credit card or debit card by calling 888-272-9829. Select option 3 and enter 8459 for jurisdiction code. The payment processor will charge additional fees for this payment method. If you need assistance with phone payments, call the payment processor's customer service at 800-487-4567.
- By Mail: Mail a check or money order, along with the payment stub, to:
P.O. Box 183202
Columbus, OH 43218-3202
- In Person: Pay your bill with cash, check, money order, or credit or debit card at the Utility Billing office in Gahanna City Hall at 200 South Hamilton Road, Gahanna, Ohio 43230, 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Payments can also be placed in our drop-box, located at City Hall, after hours. The maximum debit or credit card payment in person is $500.
Utilities Billed by the City of Gahanna
- Water: Water is billed in 1,000-gallon units based on consumption. These charges pay for water, operations and capital improvements to the water lines.
- Sewer: Sewer is billed in 1,000-gallon units based on the same consumption calculated for water, unless a deduct meter is installed to measure and deduct outside usage. These charges pay for treating sanitary sewer discharge, operations and capital improvements to the sewer lines.
- Stormwater: The fee for maintaining the stormwater drainage system is billed per Equivalent Residential Unit (ERU). Residential homes are billed for 1 ERU at the monthly bill rate minus a Residential Stormwater Credit. Commercial properties are billed at the monthly bill rate multiplied by the property's number of assessed ERUs.
- Columbus Consent Order: The City of Columbus treats the sewer discharged from the City of Gahanna. This fee is passed through from the City of Columbus and contributes to Columbus separating its sanitary and stormwater lines as required by the Environmental Protection Agency. It is billed at the monthly bill rate multiplied by the property's number of assessed ERUs.
- Refuse: The City contracts with a private company to provide for the removal of refuse, recycling, and yard waste from single-family residential properties. Refuse is billed at a flat fee each month.